Community Development Carbon Fund (CDCF)
Extend the benefits of carbon finance to the poorest countries and poor communities in all developing countries, which would otherwise find it difficult to attract carbon finance because of country and financial risk.
Technology transfer; Energy efficiency; Renewable energy; Low carbon; Water; Agriculture; Climate resilience.
Public and private entities
Eligible Projects or Programmes:
CDCF support projects that measurably benefit poor communities and their local environment and will receive in return, verified Kyoto-compliant emission reductions from these projects. Parallel resources from donors are mobilized to support technical assistance, capacity building, and project preparation in CDCF countries.
Description of project proponent. b) Type of project. c) Location of project. d) Expected schedule. e) Financing sought. f) Technical summary of project. g) Expected environmental benefits.
Proposal evaluation criteria:
How to Apply:
1. Submit a project idea note. PIN reviewed by CF Unit of World Bank. If PIN is acceptable, sponsor notified with request to prepare Project concept note.
2. If PCN agreed by FMC (and Participants Committee if required), letter of intent is offered; further work is authorized.
3. Project Design Document prepared (a. Determine whether existing methodology is applicable b. may require baseline study).
4. Bank region begins technical, financial, environmental and social due diligence.
5. CF Unit prepares term sheets and draft Emissions Reduction Purchase Agreement (ERPA).
6. Project Due Diligence is completed and World Bank internal approvals are secured.